Caving at Wee Jasper - July 2017
It’s great to find activities where the whole family can get involved. Scouting involves boys and girls – and their siblings and parents too.
There are a number of ways in which parents of youth members can get involved:
- Be a parent helper, volunteering for duties such as Scout hall set up or clean up.
- Raise funds for the Scout Group, through fundraising events and activities or grant seeking.
- Become an active member of the Group Committee, which assists the Group Leader and
Group Council and promotes the aims and principles of Scouting in conjunction with the Group.
- Serve as an office bearer on the Group Committee (Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Secretary,
- Serve on a sub-committee to undertake duties defined by the Group Leader or Group
- Become a trained Leader.